What is Nest Newborn?
Nest Newborn sessions are casual, comfortable, in-home newborn sessions.
What are the benefits of Nest Newborn?
There are many benefits to having your newborn session in your own home!
* Convenient - You don't have to worry about packing up a million things and getting your brand-new baby (and siblings?!) out of the house. I'll come to you!
* Casual - Everyone is more comfortable in their own environment and more relaxed when they haven't rushed to get ready and get out the door. Perfect for families with older siblings since we can knock out the images they are needed for and then they can be free to go play, nap, etc!
* Personalized - This is my favorite benefit! Lifestyle newborn images hold so much sentimental value since they are set in the house you brought baby home to. Instead of a bland backdrop that means nothing to you, Nest Newborn assures that the backdrop for your images is your baby's own "nest" - the nursery that you lovingly decorated for baby and the rooms in which you live, love, and play every day!
What are past clients saying about Nest Newborn?
"We loved everything about our Nest Newborn session with Emily! Having Emily come to our own home made the whole experience a breeze. It was so nice to be in the comfort of our own home that is special to our family, rather than go to a studio or different location. Having Emily come to our home allowed us to incorporate our dog, who is basically our first-born child! Nor only were we, the parents, relaxed and at ease in our home, but we feel that our son and dog were both completely comfortable, also. Each picture that Emily captured is not only beautiful, but meaningful, and we will treasure each image forever!"
- Melissa Baker, 2016 birth and newborn client
"The most wonderful thing about the Nest Newborn session is that all the photos capture our daughter in her very first home. Not only was it convenient... I really believe our newborn did better in her familiar environment."
- Nicole Billingsley, 2015 maternity-birth-newborn client
"This was our absolute favorite! Emily came to our house and captured everyday life. It was fantastic not having to pack up 8,000 things and drive to a studio!"
- Anna English, 2014 birth and newborn client
Is Nest Newborn right for you?
Nest Newborn sessions are designed to minimize the stress of newborn sessions. They are so convenient that really anyone can benefit from choosing this type of session! But there are several situations where an in-home session might be even more ideal...
* Do you have older children at home?
I want to make it as easy as possible for you to incorporate baby's siblings (furry siblings too!) into your session. Because Nest Newborn sessions take place in your home, your older children can easily jump in and out of the session when it's best for them. If they're all dressed and ready to go when I arrive, we can knock out those photos first and then they can be free to go play, nap, etc. If they need some time to warm up to the idea, we can focus on individual images of baby or nursery detail shots first and then pull them in once they feel comfortable.
* Did you have a complicated delivery or a c-section?
Because of the relaxed posing style of Nest Newborn, these sessions can take place anytime up to about a month after birth. This gives you plenty of time to recover and start feeling like your old self again so that you will enjoy the session and love your images even more!
* Does baby need a little extra time to adjust?
Being brand new in the world can be hard on a baby and those first few weeks are exhausting for everyone! Whatever the issue, sometimes the standard 5-10 days old timeline just doesn't work. And that's fine! Nest Newborn is flexible and sessions can be scheduled or moved around up until baby is about a month old.
What can you expect to invest in a Nest Newborn session?
The session fee for these sessions is $200. This includes your in-home session (up to two hours), social media sneak peeks, and a private online ordering gallery which you may share with friends and family and from which you may easily purchase a variety of print and digital products.
Packages start at $300. All packages include a few digital images and a variety of print products. I also offer a couple of packages that only include digitals. Each package is priced at a slight discount over ordering the same products a la carte. However, print and digital products are available a la carte as well, with no minimum order. Just order what you need!
Travel fees outside a 30 mile radius of Jackson, TN, apply so inquire for pricing if you are outside of that area.
*Please note that, because of the time involved, I exclusively schedule newborn sessions for weekday mornings. We can knock out the shots that dad is needed for in about 30 minutes so I'm happy to schedule around his lunch break and we can get him in and out quickly.